Skip to main content

Writing, Eco-shopping tips

-- Quote of the Day --

“…Writing has always come so naturally to me. I’ve been writing since I was ten years old. It always made me feel really good. …Writing has always consumes my time – You know, I have 4 published books, but I also have 4 self-published books and I have written a movie and I have, like, 4 other books that I am writing… My grandmother was so supportive and every single teacher at every single level at every single school I went to have encouraged me to pursue writing. …I wanted to be many things when I was growing up - I wanted to be a doctor and a classical pianist, but writing always came up. …When I was first looking for a publisher I looked at the Canadian Directory of Publishers - because I know that there are so many people who do horrible things online to take advantage of people.”
~ Ali Marsman – Jan 29, 2009

The quote above was taken from an interview on the Conscious Discussions radio program with Ali Marsman that aired on Jan 29, 2009. You can easily access this interview simply by clicking on the hyper-linked show title here, or look to the right for a link to the Conscious Discussions talk radio show.

I'll be sharing many writer-related quotes throughout the month of March in honor of Small Press Month and all the book fairs that traditionally happen during the month of March.

-- Conscious Living Tips --

When shopping for new or used items we can easily make a huge impact on the health of our planet - and the health of our bodies.

When considering any product, keep in mind how the product or container was produced. For instance, does it contain recycled materials? Compostable materials?

Another simple thing to do is to refuse to purchase any product in containers that cannot be reused or recycled.

Plastic is everywhere in our world, whether we like it or not. Few of us connect the dots between the direct relationship of plastic and our consumption of foreign oil. #3 plastics are said to be dangerous to produce and are made with polyvinyl chloride. #1 plastics are thought to be the safest to produce, for the environment. However the safest plastics for you are easily remembered in this little ditty that I learned from Terese Holler (author of Holler for your Health): "2, 4 or 5 and stay alive".

Turn these tips into everyday shopping habits and you cab rest well knowing you have made an impact on the health of our world.

* If you feel that you have enjoyed our blogs, monthly opt-in newsletter, our 2 radio shows... or our articles and informative site - please consider purchasing one of our 3 books. By doing so you are not only helping us continue our work, but you are also supporting 3 wonderful charities... 30% of the royalties that we receive from book sales go to charity!


Find Dave & Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows & free resources & articles at www.brummet.ca

Comments

  1. We're doing a lot more composting than we used to, also. You'd be surprised how much can be recycled back into the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet