Skip to main content

Great Resources & Writer Interviews


-- Brummets in the Media --
The Brummet's Conscious Blog is awarded as being a Versatile Blogger : 



Check out the link above, when you have time - to learn about the latest award we've been given! This award came most unexpectedly and we certainly feel honored to have received it
According to the rules, I'm required to:

1. Thank the person who loved me enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Bestow this honor onto 10 newly discovered or followed bloggers–in no particular order–who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let my ten new friends know I admire them.
So, first let me thank the Walker Muse Blog for bestowing this award on us. 
Now for the seven things about myself - Well, you already know I am a writer, host of 2 radio shows, author of 3 books... Perhaps you already know I am 40 and married for 20 years and that my husband and I work as a team. So - I'd like to tell you about me - you know the woman I see when I look in the mirror. 
I'm probably one of the most ambitious people I know, like my mom I really get my teeth into something when I choose a project. I'm a bit dogged in that way, willing to plod along and do the hard work... but I'm also one of the most impatient people I know. I hate waiting, have a desire to prepare for things well in advance, love doing research and have a huge passion for creating positive change where I can. I am not necessarily anti-social - I am just not a social person. I like quiet time, being alone or with only a few people at a time - I actually enjoy being with intelligent, free-thinking, creative personalities. I'm definitely not fond of crowds, traffic and stress can really throws me for a loop - yet I'm a steady rock when I'm needed, no matter what emergency or life circumstance has happened. Let's see... that is six things about me so far I  think... what else can I tell you? Hmmm... I love to read, that is something you'll notice about me at home. I've usually got a book with me when I'm cooking, relaxing, eating, brushing my teeth... lol.


Ok, so the next obligation is to tell bestow this honor that I've received on 10 other blogs that I feel are worthy of this award. 

-- Lillian's Referral Corner --

Lollipop Theater - A nonprofit organization that arranges showings of first-run movies to children confined to hospitals. For more info visit: http://lollipoptheater.org

Three-Dot-Dash - A global initiative of the We Are Family Foundation designed to recognize and support the efforts of teen leaders around the world who are actively focused on making a difference. Visit: http:3dotdash.org 

We Are Family Foundation - A not-for-profit organization dedicated to the vision of a global family by creating and supporting programs that inspire and educate the next generation. Visit: http://wearefamilyfoundation.org
 

-- Writer Interview #25 --

I'd like to start today's post with a shout out to Brandi Drury of BKWalker Books, and also virtual assistant Janis Friesler who worked together to bring today's featured guest to the Brummet's Concsious Blog readers.
Mike Dolan, author of - A Pecunious Life: How to Have a Life Abounding in True Wealth, is here today as our featured guest to share motivational tips for fellow writers. Mike was born in the mile-high city of Denver, Colorado 43 years ago. He has lived all around this beautiful world of ours, from Europe to Alaska, to his current home in the Middle East. His education is that of the experiences life gives and school is far from being out for him. He is a lover of life, a life adventurist. He loves to travel, meet new people, and experience new cultures. He has been given a great opportunity to see life in a different light and wishes to share this with you.

Q: What motivates you to write?

The thought of the possibility of helping someone find their dream or their passion and following it excites me. My main goal in writing is to just help as many people as I can to have a better life, a more full filling life, and to follow their dreams

Q: How do you spend your writing time?

For me writing early in the morning in a sun drenched window is the best place to be. The house is quiet and most of the time my mind is still empty of “other “distracting thoughts which allows me to let the writing flow. I get my pot of coffee going, gather my pad of paper and half dozen different colored pens and I just start with what comes to mind and go from there

Q: What is your favorite genre of writing?

The self-help genre is my favorite, because it allows me to tap into something more than myself and through that instigate change in those around me.

Q: Do you write only non-fiction? Or fiction?

As of now I write non-fiction. I have been concentrating on self-help books with most of my writing, because I feel it’s important to make a positive difference in as many lives as I can. This is one of the ways to do that.

Q: What keeps you writing while getting rejection letters or struggling with writer's block?

Since this is my first book and I self-published it I didn’t have to worry about any rejection letters. A big challenge for me is to overcome writer’s block. Most of the time I walk away from what it is I am doing for a minute or two and then start off with a completely new angle. Another trick I will use is to change the color of the pen I am writing with.

Q: Do you use certain tricks that help prevent you from straying from your goal?

I use just about everything I can to help me stay on task with my goals, but even with all my tricks I still get side track on occasion. The key is not to beat yourself up about it. Setting goal are mile markers on the path.., as you travel down that path you will encounter challenges along the way. These are things you won’t always be able to identify when setting your goals, so you will just have to work through them. This more often than not will delay reaching the goal. It’s all just a part of the experience as you move toward you goal. Some of the things I use are emails and voice messages to myself, note cards taped to the bathroom mirror, anything that will just put the hint to what my goal is, is enough to move me in the direction. The idea is to be creative with it and have fun.


Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows and free resources and more at: www.brummet.ca
* * Support the Brummet's work by telling your friends, or purchasing a book - each book sold raises funds for charity as well!

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the award. I appreciate it.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

http://www.twitter.com/brummet
http://www.facebook.com/lillian.brummet
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ldbrummet