Skip to main content

World of Writing, interview


-- World of Writing Interview --


I have the pleasure of bringing our readers another World of Writing Interview installment, the guest today is James Fontaine. He tells me that he was inspired to write the book Never Mad Again: A Transformational Guide to Live in Peace in order to share stories of hope and healing with people who desire to live in peace and release the powerful influence of the ego.  James also manages a blog titled: Never Mad Again. His passion for sharing ideas and resources that help people become aligned with their true selves shines strongly in this interview below. 

Find out more about his blog, books, or links to follow James on social networking sites at: www.nevermadagain.com



Q: James, let's start with who inspired you to pursue a career in writing...

There have been many people, that inspired me to write and to help others by writing, but the one who has has inspired me in a deeper way is Dr.Wayne W. Dyer. I had the idea to write a book for many years, but I wasn’t able to do it, because I didn’t have the time or I didn’t have the chance to do it, One day I read a Dr. Dyer’s book, and then I listened to some of his conferences. Then I decided I wouldn’t give any other excuse, and started writing. I am convinced that there is a perfect timing for everything, and I know that this is the right time for this book.

Q: How does writing help you feel like you are making a difference in the world?

I am convinced that we came to have this human experience, with the mission to help others. For me writing has been the best source to help others, in a way I wouldn’t be able to reach as many people as with a book. When I an writing I feel I can reach many souls, I feel I make a connection with them, and in that way I can help them to find their own path towards peace and joy in life.

Q: What do you do when you are not writing?

When I am not writing I am usually promoting the book, which will be more intense in the following months. I also attend a couple of business. But the most important thing that I do when I am not writing is to expend time with my family, therefore I can live precious moments that will never return, and that will be gone if I am there with them. I also like to exercise, and right now I am training for my first full Ironman which will be in Texas next May.

Q: What gave you the idea (inspiration) for this book?

As incredible as it seems, I am a person who does not get mad, and I had been asked for years: "How do You do it?, How come You don´t get mad at all?." Many of my friend asked me repeatedly, and my wife’s friend kept asking her the same questions about me. Then I realized I could help others with that, so I made a lot of research in order to find a way to express what I have been doing for years, I studied many authors in order to be able to give the audience an accessible way to never be mad again.

Q: What were some of the challenges you faced in writing your non-fiction books?

The first and most important challenge was “time”, I didn’t stop working in order to write the book. So I used to write, before I got to the office, sometimes I had to finish everything in order to have half hour to keep writing. But when I got the time I just couldn’t stop writing, I don’t really know where the words came from, but I kept writing and writing, and the chapters just coming to my mind, until I finished the book. The title also came to my mind in just one moment, and then I knew it was the right one

Q: What are the biggest surprises you’ve encountered as a writer?

The biggest surprise, has been the response of the people I talk about my book; most of the times when I talk about the name of the book Never Mad Again, they tell me that it will definitely help them, or help someone they know, that is close to them. This conversation surprises me every time, because I see there is a huge need for people to find a way to not be angry anymore, most people I talk with want to quit anger, but they just don’t know how, and that is why the book attracts them so much.



Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio program, newsletter, blogs, and more at: www.brummet.ca
* Support the Brummets by telling your friends, or visiting the Brummet's Store - every sale raises funds for charity as well!


Comments