Skip to main content

World of Writing, Interview



-- World of Writing -- 

Author, speaker and life-coach Mark Porteous joins us to day for a World of Writing interview, focusing on how his writing career enables him to make a difference, to have a positive impact on the planet. A natural salesman, Mark relied on his ability to provide excellent customer service to become a top sales rep year after year. While building a very successful career, he often felt like his work conflicted with his spiritual growth. By changing his perspective, he was able to see opportunities he could find nowhere else. Beyond the freedom to set his own schedule and excellent income potential, his job offered him a chance to prove to himself that he could be successful and ethical in a world normally perceived as self-serving and egotistical. Find out more about Mark and his writing career @: www.MarkPorteous.com


Q: How would a good friend describe you?

My good friends know that I am real. Being happy and positive is not an act for me. My friends would tell you that I am congruent with the message I share. They would say I am loyal, encouraging, generous, and respectful. 

Q: What are your long-range and short-range goals and objectives? 

My long-range goal is to help heart-based businesses to share their message, while creating personal prosperity in their own lives. This is done by creating a strategic success plan to optimize all revenue opportunities and offer guidance to transform challenges and barriers into growth and increased potential. 

I have many short-range goals. The biggest project that I am working on is the Birth2012 Conscious Living Festival on 12/22/12. This worldwide event is being coordinated with luminaries and futurists like Barbara Marx Hubbard, Jean Houston, Neale Donald Walsh, Jack Canfield, and many others. 

Q: How do you plan to accomplish your goals?

I am shifting my entire life from a ten-year sales career to speaking, writing, and coaching. My major marketing arenas for coaching and speaking are Internet, live events, and teleconferences. 

To orchestrate the Orlando, Florida venue for Birth2012 I am organizing a local team of experts to help plan, promote, and deliver a celebration worthy of Day One for a new era in social consciousness. 

Q: How do you determine or evaluate success?

I consider myself successful because I have created a balanced lifestyle. I enjoy work and make time to play. I add value and love to the world and I am rewarded with joy and abundance. I measure success in benefit. Do my efforts create benefit for me or for others? Am I able to grow from the experience? I am successful, not because of the amount of money I make, but because of the benefit I am able to share. 

Q: What inspires you?

It may sound cliché, but my children are truly my greatest inspiration. I have always felt a great deal of love in my heart, but since they were born on April 15, 2010, I have learned a whole new level of unconditional love. It is programmed into our DNA to make life better for our offspring. We want them to have more experiences and opportunities than we had. We want their lives to be richer. My children inspired me to stop waiting and start being the best that I can be.

Q: What is your opinion of the world today?

The world is in crisis. Crisis leads to evolutionary quantum jumps. A spiritual renaissance has begun. A world shift in social consciousness is taking place. While this may cause initial discomfort and pain, it is very exciting. I believe my children will help to build a brighter world than most people alive today can even imagine.

Q: What is your contribution to society?

My life's purpose is to help others to maximize their lives by maximizing my own. I am here to enjoy the human experience in all its abundance and to share it with others. I am here to love and be loved. My focus is to help others find and express their greatness.

People have one of two reasons they are not living their dream: a lack of passion or belief. Either the dream is not big enough to inspire them or they do not believe they can achieve it. I can help people to dream bigger and to develop a belief that they can achieve their dreams.

My greatest contribution to society is the two beautiful spirits that we brought into this world and my mission is to continue to exude love and hope. I wrote my book, The Human Experience, as a travel guide to help Eden and Xen (pronounced zen) navigate the journey of life. I hope that it helps others also. 


Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio program, newsletter, blog, and more at: www.brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, or visiting the Brummet's Store - every sale raises funds for charity as well!




Comments