Skip to main content

writing



-- Quote of the Day -- 

"A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face. It is one of the few havens remaining where a man’s mind can get both provocation and privacy." 

~ Edward P. Morgan


-- Writing -- 

I've been quite passionate about writing since the bug bit me nearly 20 years ago now. Since then I have written (with the loving support of my talented husband and business partner, Dave Brummet) 6 published books and have 2 more manuscripts on the back burner. 

For me, these are a way of leaving a positive legacy that continues to help many of my readers (according to their communications) not only see their lives differently and pursue their own writing dreams more effectively, but also to make a difference with small every day actions.

 I'm thrilled and excited, humbled and energized by the concept that through my writing I can inspire positive change. It was reader feedback and media member encouragement that I started on the blogging journey in 2004 and as a radio host in 2007. 

While I've taken a hiatus from some things when the schedule becomes constrained, I have opened up to try new experiences, learn new skills, and reach beyond my self-imposed limitations... and it all started with deciding to write professionally. Prior to this writing was something I turned to for myself, as a healing tool and a mode of expressing the unspeakable. And for that I am also so very grateful.

I urge those who have also been bitten by the writing bug to follow their heart - writing for yourself can heal you, it can become a legacy you leave behind for your family or friends... it may lead to new doors you haven't even considered just yet. 




  Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!


Comments