Skip to main content

on life, poetry



-- Quote of the Day -- 

"In childhood, we press our nose to the pane, looking out. 
In memories of childhood, we press our nose to the pane, looking in."

 ~Robert Brault


-- Poetry -- 

 Yep - time for poetry. As my blog readers are likely aware, I like to share poetry occasionally here... and it is time for another installment :)

 ON LIFE

Dream for the sky,
The true blue high...
Looking down, 
You will ever ask why
The world is, as it is.
See the people, the little people,
Hiding behind a false steeple,
Pretending to be what they are not.
I hear people speak 
Of the world they seek,
Found only in books they themselves wrote.
There is no hero.
No one to wipe your sorry ass.
Turning our backs on our past,
We do over what was done before.
While or people sit and speak,
Of the happiness we all seak
And upon finding
Turn and spit.
In greed, we strike, and strike again.
Our sad need for more.
...and in my simple way,
I stumble, looking for truth.
Confused - I look again,
And there I see a long-lost friend,
Ready to begin my teaching.
...just the start of a long tending.


* Excerpted from the Lilian's 1st poetry book: Towards Understanding - a collection of 125 non-fiction poems, written in chronological order to show the life of a young girl coming to terms with the world and a difficult childhood.

http://brummet.ca/store.html

Comments